A home’s décor is more than style and function – you should also focus on how it makes you and guests feel. To inspire you, we turned to Décor Aid interior designers for their takes on life-enhancing interior design wellness that’s certain to uplift any room in your home with ease.
It should come as no surprise that color can have a strong impact on the mood of a room and how it makes you feel. And with a plethora of on-trend hues to chose from, the colors you go with are vital in maintaining the interior design wellness.
Here’s a quick breakdown of interior design wellness colors that can change a room:
- Yellow and citrus hues can work to promote vitality with a cheerful energy when used with a light hand
- Green evokes renewal and restoration and makes for a perfect color for bedrooms
- Vibrant happy hues like turquoise, fuchsia, and chartreuse can elevate the mood of a room
Classic botanical styles convey an understated sense of calm and natural serenity and are easy to source and inexpensive while doubling to purify the air in a room. But if you aren’t blessed with a green thumb or are short on time for maintenance, you can still go green for a subtle take on interior design wellness.
Consider these options:
• Botanical prints on say a throw or a pillow
• Framed green and floral artworks
• Botanical decorative add-ons
It goes without saying that comfort is key in any home, so if you’re on the hunt for interior design wellness ideas to refresh your home, survey what makes you feel good from room to room, and what’s always been a sore spot.
Give your home a warm and inviting feel with these updates:
• Layer textures
• Rethink fabrications
• Opt for oversized seating
With an emphasis on interior design wellness, source home goods boasting natural elements for an everyday feel-good factor and relaxed spirit.
To get the concept realized, consider these cues:
• Unfinished wood
• Natural stone
• Linen fabrications
• A natural color palette
Images via Pinterest