Interior Design in the WorkplaceINSPIRATION
Your home is more than just a place to rest your head; it’s a chance to showcase your personality and your tastes. It may seem like a daunting and expensive endeavor to undertake, but you don’t have to knock down walls and change floor plans to make an improvement. There are plenty of home decorating options available no matter your budget. Whether you hire an interior design pro like Decor Aid or go the do-it-yourself route, here are some easy, affordable decorating tips to keep in mind:
1) Color Can Make a Difference Color is used as a defining element in any room. Its a reliable, inexpensive way to add style and presence to your space, so it’s important to choose the right color scheme. Lucky, there are endless options. For instance, a fresh coat of paint on the walls in a new color is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to get your interior design makeover started.
Here are some more tips to keep in mind when picking out and incorporating color into your room:
• A light color scheme will make a small room look larger, while darker colors can make a bigger space appear more cozy and intimate.
• Color can be used to change the tone of a room. “Warm” colors like yellow or red make a kitchen pop, while “cool” colors like blue and lavender provide a relaxing environment for your study or office.
• A bright area rug or a few throw pillows in interesting colors and fabrics will instantly brighten up a room.
2) It’s All About The Great Find Another quick and easy way to add interest and dynamics to a space is to accessorize. A fun and affordable way to do this is by frequenting flea markets, yard sales and thrift stores. Places like these often offer unique items that you won’t find elsewhere – for an astonishingly low price. You might find the perfect lamp, vintage frame or antique chest that can upgrade a space from ordinary to exciting.
Here are a few tips to help you with your bargain-hunting:
• Browse your online classified ads or newspaper for yard sales in your area and make an itinerary of places to visit.
• Estate sales are also a great option, especially if you’re looking for antiques and one-of-a-kind items.
• Make sure you show up early in order to have first pick of the inventory.
3) Mix and Match Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box and get creative. Make your living room pop by pairing aqua blue chairs with a zebra print sofa. There are no rules - you’re only limited by your imagination. If you’re not sure how to get going, start off with a print or pattern that you love and make that the focal point of the room, whether it’s the wallpaper, upholstery or a painting. Then, play with the patterns by adding one or two pieces in the same color scheme but in different textures. Mixing and matching is especially useful if you want to keep your interior design affordable, because you can mix together new items with existing ones in order to create a rich, textural and visual experience.
4) Get Artistic
Another easy and affordable interior design option is as simple as adding some framed artwork to your walls or tabletops. A cost-effective way to do this is by ordering inexpensive prints of your favorite paintings or designs and framing them yourself. You can also visit your local art museum’s store to get high-quality prints and framed copies of famous artwork. Or, you can add a personal touch by mounting several small, framed personal photographs in a group to make a photo collage. These are just a few ways to make your interior design budget stretch. For even more ideas, contact Decor Aid to speak with one of our knowledgeable design team members who can help you make the most of your dollars.
About Décor Aid Décor Aid uses a proprietary technology platform and top-tier interior designers to offer a solution to the modern design dilemma by making it easy and affordable for anyone to live in a well-designed home. Décor Aid delivers sophisticated, high-end, affordable interior design services with full transparency and guaranteed customer satisfaction. Co-Founders Sean and Markus bring 20+ years experience in financial services and technology. The Décor Aid team includes senior designers from top design and architecture firms worldwide, as well as specialists in art, architecture, building and landscape. Visit Decoraid.com for more information.